Assistant controller Montréal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions.
Our consultants are all experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary, contract or permanent positions.
We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and beyond
We are looking for our client, a construction company in the West Island of Montreal, an assistant controller to join their team. The role of the latter will be to prepare financial statements, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, administrative follow-up of projects, profitability analyses. The Assistant Controller will be the resource person with the various business partners.
* Coordinate the month-end process, including the preparation of various reports;
* Responsible for the weekly payroll cycle;
* Produce monthly GST and QST reports;
* Contribute to the production of month-end and year-end reports and financial statements;
* Support the team regarding complex accounting transactions;
* Bookkeeping of investment companies;
* Ensure business continuity when there are temporary shortages of internal resources;
* Ensure compliance and compliance with internal controls
* Improve management tools aimed at simplifying current processes
* All other related tasks relevant to his skills.
You think this job is made for you? it might be the case if you have:
* a Bachelor's degree in accounting;
* a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounting/finance;
* basic knowledge of real estate, construction (RBQ, CCQ) and/or experience in multi-company/project accounting (asset);
* leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills;
* Demonstrate autonomy, proactivity, confidentiality and professionalism;
* Remarkable spirit of synthesis and good overall vision;
* Ability and flexibility required to manage several files simultaneously (versatility, resourcefulness and priority management);
* Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Outlook);
* Knowledge of Maestro software (an asset);
* Analytical and problem solving skills;
* Fluency in French and English (spoken and written).