Chief Accountant Longueuil
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are currently working with our client in the health care field in Longueuil to find a Chief Accountant for one of its senior living divisions. Reporting to the Administrative and Financial Director, the Chief Accountant contributes to the achievement of management's objectives by ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the financial information included in the financial statements, by participating in the development of accounting and control procedures and by ensuring the protection of assets. More specifically, you will be responsible for the following challenges:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the activities related to the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to the needs of the company (by business unit) and the directives of the financial management;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly comments on results and balance sheet items according to the predetermined schedule and within the required deadlines and submit them to the Accounting Coordinator for approval;
- Plan, coordinate and monitor internal control procedures and methods;
- Plan and coordinate the smooth operation of the entire accounting and treasury cycle;
- Ensure that the accounting system is up to date and that its use is optimal given its functionalities, and that it meets the information needs of managers and the needs of preparing budgets and financial statements;
- Ensure compliance with laws, particularly with respect to commodity taxes, deductions at source, labour standards, etc.
- Prepare the year-end audit file by business unit;
- Participate in the budget process;
- Participate in the implementation of new computer tools;
- Supervise and mentor the staff under his/her responsibility;
- Perform all other related tasks as requested by the Administration and Finance Department
Required and desired skills
Essential: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French
Essential: Mobilization agent for his team;
Essential: Respect for deadlines
Essential: Leadership and autonomy
Important : Sense of organization and urgency, proactivity and ability to adapt to changes in a growing company;
Important: Ability to work within a team and be dedicated to its success;
Important : Strong professional sense;
Bachelor's degree in accounting combined with a professional designation, CPA
7 years of relevant experience;
Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software;
Relevant experience in staff supervision.
Strong professional sense;
Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment;
Respect for deadlines;
Sense of organization and urgency, proactivity and ability to adapt to changes in a growing company;
Ability to work within a team and be dedicated to its success;
Mobilization agent for his team;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in french.