Controller (Temporary - Summer period) Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions. Our consultants are all experts and speak your language. We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and at each stage of your career.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, ensuring compliance with the
closing schedule and the execution of all the tasks provided for in the closing process
- Coordinates the execution of all monthly account analyzes by ensuring that they are
aligned with our monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs
- Supports the Senior Finance Director in the preparation of the end-of-year file, the coordination of
the execution of the audit with the external auditors as well as the production of the external financial statements
according to IFRS standards
- Participate in the development, maintenance and optimization of policies, procedures and
financial management controls.
- Participate in budget processes and monitoring, in particular by analyzing budget variances
balance sheet items (budgetary projection vs actual) on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Provide the Finance Director with essential information to enable him to make decisions
- Analyze current accounting activities and propose improvements.
- Support and advise the Senior Director, Finance on issues and risks related to finances, budgets,
- Participate and verify SR&ED declarations
- Participate in the realization of any project or mandate that may be entrusted to him.
- Accomplish any other task compatible with his functions at the request of his superior whose participation
in the payroll process
- Define, design and implement internal controls over financial reporting for all of
- Align and report with consultants on corporate tax issues / filings.
- Ensure compliance with all public company regulatory and filing requirements
- Know the disclosure, registration and regulatory requirements of companies
- Have good analytical skills;
- Enjoy problem solving, be solution oriented and be creative in solutions
- Demonstrate rigor;
- Knowledge of IFRS standards, a prerequisite
* Software – Mastery of the Office Suite, especially Excel Knowledge of ERP Genius, an asset.
* Languages – Bilingual (French/English) both orally and in writing
- Holder of a BAC in Business Administration, accounting option or Bac in accounting sciences
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
5 to 7 years in a similar role