Controller assistant Montréal Ouest
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Description of the offer
We are currently supporting a fast growing company, specialized in transport, logistics and warehousing. In this context, we are looking for an assistant controller who will participate in the smooth running of operations.
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Participate in the month-end and year-end process
- Prepare monthly and annual general ledger entries
- Participate in the analysis and identification of variances
- Sales and cost analysis
- Support operations by analyzing and providing insight into financial performance
- Participate in the annual operating budget process
- Participate in month-end intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare government reports, such as government rebates (GST/QST), IFTA, etc.
- Process credit applications for new clients, define and monitor creditworthiness, interact with field representatives and principals to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
PROCESS: First interview with Melissa Pelletier- Fed Finance Recruitment Consultant - then interview with Talent Acquisition Consultant and VP of Operations
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 522 3216
The masculine gender is used here only to save space
Do you think this job is for you? It could be if you have :
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience, preferably in the supply chain industry or accounting firm;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or D.E.C. in accounting;
- Strong understanding of financial statements, credit and collection metrics and benchmarks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Ability to read and interpret customer communications, financial and legal documents;
- Pleasant, professional demeanor and good team player;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-disciplined with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- CPA designation (an asset);
- Audit experience (an asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel;
Working knowledge of transportation management systems such as TruckMate (Asset)