Controller - Real Estate - Permanent Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Our client in the real estate industry is looking for a Financial Controller.
Reporting to the 2 owners, your tasks are:
* Supervise the accounting group and oversee the full cycle accounting responsibilities along with
accounts receivable and accounts payable
* Manage daily cash levels and ensuring adequate funds are available for operating needs of each
* Monthly review of aging of receivables and payables
* Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded,
* Review of bank reconciliation and sales tax filings (large enterprise restrictions)
* Review payroll and payroll related filings
* Oversee tenant reconciliations and screen billing of the CAM adjustments
* Annual review of results of each entity, budgeting and variance analysis
* Manage relationships with financial institutions, providing necessary documentation to secure
* Preparation of annual working papers for the external accountants and assist them with the
preparation of F/S and tax returns
* Provide information to governmental agencies re sales tax and corporate inquiries
* Maintain financial records for each real estate project in a manner that facilitates reporting
* Preparation of T5, T4/RL1, RL-31
* Construction project management:
* Assist general contractors with the budget preparation
* Variance analysis, cost control, review of subcontractors /supplier invoices, ensuring
costs are within the contracts signed
* Ensure contractors/ suppliers are paid within deadline
* Provide financial information to cost consultant to secure operating loans
* Communications with the lawyers re annual filings and minute book update
* Work with Yardi consultants to customize the real estate accounting management software to
meet the specific needs of the group
Do you think this job is for you? It just might be the case if you have:
* Minimum 5 years of experience as controller in commercial real estate with knowledge of full
cycle of accounting
* CPA designation is an asset
* Excellent business sense, time management and communication skills
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written in French (English, an asset)
* Ability to work independently and equally as well in a team; multitasking
* Strong software abilities such as Excel and MS Office
* Knowledge of Yardi an asset
What we offer
- To join a growing and stable company
PROCESS: First interview with Bianka Zacard - Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with the owner
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 499 0311
The masculine is only used here to save space
De rejoindre une compagnie stable et en croissance.