Division Controller Montreal
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond! YOUR MISSIONS
Are you passionate about robotics, technology and innovation?
Our client located in downtown Montreal is a specialist in automated solutions and innovations. They are now looking for a Controller who will oversee, manage and prioritize the day-to-day financial activities of Canadian and US divisions. Under the supervision of the Corporate Controller, the position involves the management of a team of 10 people (accounting, CAP, CAR & projects) located in Montreal and Mexico as well as responsibility for month-end activities. The company operates internationally in the field of high technologies and uses project-based accounting within the framework of its operational and financial activities.
Your contribution in this function:
* Manage the day-to-day activities of the finance function for the Canadian and US entities;
* Responsible for planning and coordinating the end of the month;
* Resource person for financial operational matters and project accounting;
* Supervisor and support employees;
* Oversee accounting processes to ensure transactions are recorded accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies;
* Review monthly GST / QST and US sales tax returns;
* Review balance sheet item reconciliations and provide a complete analysis of risks and opportunities;
* Autonomously resolve day-to-day operational financial issues by interacting with various stakeholders;
* Support the corporate team as part of the year-end external audit;
* Provide ad hoc reports or analysis and participate in special projects as required.
The ideal candidate in a few words:
* Degree: Bachelor's degree in accounting;
* Professional designation: CPA professional designation;
* Experienced: of 5-7 years experience and 2+ years in a similar managerial role;
* Multilingual: Bilingual (French and English), Spanish is an asset;
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues;
* Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a fast-paced environment;
* Management experience with the ability to set clear goals and priorities with team members and deliver results on time;
* Ability to manage remote employees in a multi-cultural environment, an asset
* Proficient in MS Office including advanced knowledge of Excel;
* Solid and recent knowledge of Microsoft D365 would be an asset;
* Experience in a multi-divisional and multi-legal entity environment;
* Must process high degree of initiative and be adept to deal with a constantly changing business environment;
* Solution focused with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external relationships;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ease in communicating at all organizational levels;
* Good knowledge of ASPE and internal controls principles.
Diploma: Bachelor of Accounting;
* Professional title: Professional title of CPA;
* Experienced: 5-7 years of experience and 2+ years in a similar management role;
* Polyglot: Bilingual (French and English), Spanish is an asset;
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to assess options and provide recommendations on financial operational matters;
* Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a fast-paced environment;
* Management experience and ability to set clear goals and priorities with team members in order to deliver results on time;
* Ability to manage remote employees in a multicultural environment;
* Proficiency in MS Office and advanced knowledge of Excel;
* A solid and recent knowledge of Microsoft D365 would be an asset;
* Experience in a multi-company and multi-currency environment;
* Must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and be able to cope with a constantly changing operating environment;
* Solution oriented and able to work collaboratively with all employees, management and external parties;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ease of communication at all organizational levels;
* Good knowledge of ASPE accounting standards and internal control principles.
Creation de poste !