Financial Controller Montréal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are looking for our client in the industrial manufacturing industry in Pointe-Claire a Financial Controller.
They are looking for a Controller for its Canadian and US operations. You will be at the heart of the action and will have the opportunity to be involved in several files and special projects, including the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports describing the financial situation of the company.
Reporting to the Director, Acquisitions & Financial Strategies, the Controller is responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly financial reports. The incumbent will also be involved in the preparation of budgets, financial forecasts and the year-end audit. The Controller will also provide support to the international team that manages the other companies of the group located in Brazil and Mexico. Opportunity for advancement.
* Provide general accounting supervision, preparation of entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
* Participate in monthly and annual closing activities on a timely basis and in the preparation of monthly financial statements for management.
* Supervise a team of accounting technicians.
* Participate in the integration of our various acquisitions at the accounting and finance level in order to contribute to the achievement of growth and cost reduction synergies.
* Liaise with managers and provide them with all the necessary financial information to help them effectively manage the costs related to the smooth running of their department.
* Act as an advisor to the controllers in Brazil and Mexico.
* Work in close collaboration with the Director, Consolidation & Treasury to provide all the necessary information for the preparation of tax returns.
* Participate in the budget process and quarterly forecast updates.
* Prepare the year-end audit file and participate in all other tax audits.
* Participate in the improvement of business processes in terms of efficiency and controls.
* Supervise transactions with affiliated companies and reconcile related accounts receivable and payable.
* Participate in various special projects in collaboration with the Director, Consolidation & Treasury and the CFO.
Do you think this job is for you? It just might be the case if you have:
* Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage various projects simultaneously.
* Strong ability to identify problems and find solutions.
* Critical and logical thinking. Creative and innovative thinking.
* High level of integrity and ethics.
* Ability to travel to the United States, Brazil and Mexico.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and professional designation (CPA).
* Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting. Audit experience is an asset.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in French and English.
* Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is an asset.
* Experience with ERP and BI systems such as Tecsys and Cognos.
PROCESS: First interview with Bianka Zacard - Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with the Director, Acquisitions and Financial Strategy.
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 499 0311
De rejoindre une compagnie internationale dans l'ouest.