Financial controller Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions.
Our consultants are all experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary, contract or permanent positions.
We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and beyond!
The Controller will be fully responsible for providing leadership of the accounting team and management of all accounting functions for the various operational and holding companies, trusts, and charities.
The Controller will ensure that all appropriate processes and controls are maintained. Additionally, the Controller will assist all levels of executive management in the day-to-day operations of the Company.
1. Responsible for daily cash flow reporting in two currencies
2. Ensure that all vendor payments are done accurately and in a timely manner
3. Responsible for the accounts receivable, daily invoice processing, balancing and controls
4. Ensure banking covenants are maintained by providing monthly covenant reports to banks and in-house quarterly financial statements.
5. Monitor and analyze quarterly operating results including proper departmental controls and review.
6. Coordination and management of the annual financial statement audit, review engagement, and notices to reader for all companies.
7. Production of Income tax returns for various companies and trusts, T2's, T3's, Charity Returns, T5's etc.
8. Control of biannual and annual Payroll balancing, reports, and annual returns.
9. Test Company's Accounting Software system, including year end closing.
10. Development, modification, and implementation of internal controls
11. Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested by management.
A profile with a very good professional experience, who seeks to have a part-time job as a financial controller:
- 10 years of experience (experience more important than training)
- No CPA required
- Fluent English required (100% in English)
- Accounting computer skills: Business vision, Sage, Good Excel
- Someone who's able to do things by himself
- Part time (3 or 4 days a week)
- Group medical insurance
- 3 weeks vacation
- car park