Founded in 2001, Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions. Our consultants are all experts and speak your language. We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and at each stage of your career.
Responsible to lead and manage all day-to-day underwriting activities for assigned portfolios to deliver timely adjudications for new customer credit lines, increase in credit lines for existing customers, and ongoing reviews.
Supervise underwriting staff responsible for conducting credit investigations and reviews. Serve as a coach to analysts, develop their goals, provide ongoing feedback, and identify talent for growth.
The role will be a key position in supporting a large strategic program within the Powersports and Marine industry.
• Manage and supervise underwriting analysts to deliver timely decisions on new and increases in credit line requests
• Prepare credit write-ups for all underwriting requests in the assigned portfolio, including review and analysis of new applications and credit line increases on existing transactions, financial statement analysis including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and ratio analysis
• Review and approve transactions within credit authority and make recommendations on those outside of credit authority
• Ensure adherence to Credit Policy and procedures, work with other departments to improve understanding and compliance, and work closely with internal and external assurance functions to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance
• Engage as a subject matter expert (SME) on all activities that are required for a strong and compliant underwriting department; activities include but are not limited to:
o improve technical underwriting skills, brevity in the presentation of credit submissions, and risk rating accuracy
o drive consistency in credit write-ups
o calls and visits to customers as required.
o deploy effective credit process metrics to drive low error rates
o annual reviews are accurate and timely
o review term sheets and assist underwriting personnel in screening credit opportunities to ensure they meet HDF standards and strategies
o ongoing monitoring/development of effective analytical tools
o review and analyze business projections, principals, personal financial condition/credit bureau reports, security and legal documents, payment performance, etc
• Partner with Portfolio Managers, Onboarding Managers, and Sales to periodically review the quality of deals and the type of information needed for adjudication
• Conduct periodic productivity reviews of underwriting personnel and identify opportunities for improvements including training of personnel as required
• Manage and lead technical training for staff in collaboration with other Underwriting Managers for specific training in underwriting, credit analysis, structuring, presentation, coaching, and performance management
• Research and stay informed on industry trends and risks
• Travel to manufacturer trade shows or dealer visits as needed
• Special projects as assigned by the Director of Underwriting including credit reporting changes, due diligence trips, etc
• 8+ years of credit underwriting experience and prior credit authority
• Bilingual French / English - verbal and written
• Demonstrated experience in developing and motivating underwriting personnel
• Detail oriented with the ability to analyze cash flow, leverage, collateral, and customer strength
• Excellent quantitative analysis skills
• Solid written/verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Ability to make sound business judgments while protecting HDF interests
• Experience with analytics and credit scoring.
• Good technical skills with Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Solid experience with secured lending including Security Documentation; UCCs, Security and Priority Agreements, etc
Required: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting field, or equivalent work experience