Accounting Manager - 15 months temporary
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions. Our consultants are all experts and speak your language. We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and at every stage of your career.
Hello, I am Jinane, Recruitment and Business Development Advisor at Fed Finance, a recruitment firm specializing in recruitment for accounting, finance and payroll professions. I work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent in the Greater Montreal region.
I am looking for an accounting manager for my client, a large group in the West Island of Montreal. This is a temporary mandate lasting 15 months, in hybrid mode.
• Lead all aspects and activities in the accounting team. Set clear performance expectations and provide timely feedback including clear task lists and stringent deadlines to be followed by the team
• Ensure the complete and accurate capture and processing of financial data for all banners & the compliance with applicable standards i.e. IFRS, rules and regulations
• Work with the senior management team concerning all related aspects in financial accounting and financial aspects of the operation in order to assist the decision-making
• Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and implement changes to procedures, operating systems, and other financial control functions to senior managers and other departments to ensure timely deliverables
• Providing guidance and support on all financial matters to other cross functional teams including the Senior Director of Accounting and VP of Accounting in developing a culture of financial discipline and accountability
• Assist in the hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating accounting staff members
• Oversees the planning and conduct of the annual external audit
• Co-ordinates and reviews the integration of newly acquired business into our monthly reporting with accounting team, M&A and seller of business
• Overview of consolidated financial statements with the reporting manager and senior leads if necessary
• Review of the weekly cash flow forecast
• Leads the month-end closing process including the review of the financial statements and acts as a liaison to the FP&A team.
• Subject matter expert in GreatPlains (ERP system) & CFO Toolbox (reporting) & delegate system maintenance to analyst when needed ensuring internal controls are in place
• Ad hoc work on strategic initiatives as they arise such as ADP and ERP implementations and support the Sr. Director of accounting as needed
Think this job is for you ?? It might be the case if you have:
• CPA designation
• 6-7 years of accounting experience or similar position
• Bilingual – French and English spoken and written
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Great Plains an asset or ERP system
• Able to meet deadlines
• Adaptability and flexibility – as company is growing strongly
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Experience in the retail sector is an asset
• Team player & ability to multi task
• Autonomous and responsible
• Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease working with financial systems
• Acts as an Ambassador of Groupe Vision Newlook Inc. in their attitude and actions
• Demonstrates leadership
• Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
PROCESS: First interview with me, Jinane Nahle, Fed Finance Recruitment Advisor then interview with the Finance Manager.
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 502 4890