Payroll Technician Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are looking for our client, a human resources agency, a payroll technician.
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for assisting in multiple activities related to the payroll, benefits and pension administration functions of our clients. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for company employees. Integrity and great attention to detail are essential for this role.
This position is 100% remote with offices available in Mount-Royal.
* Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for assigned clients while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
* Administer Bromelin payroll
* Ensure that all salaries are paid accurately and in a timely fashion.
* Prepare all payroll related necessary forms.
* Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including all year end processing.
* Including T4s, Releves, T2200 and other Mandatory forms
* Handle all inquiries arising from questions about payroll from Bromelin employess and assigned clients.
* Implement salary increases, bonuses, special payments (etcetera) in accordance with instruction given.
* Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
* Prepare monthly remittances and cheque requests for garnishments, WSIB etcetera.
* If necessary, monitor holiday and attendance records.
* Respond to requests from employees and external agencies on matters related to payroll
* Reconcile all required annual returns for tax, EHT and WSIB, CSST etc
* Process EI inquiries, ROE's and garnishee requests
* Building best practices and improving methods, operating or administrative procedures in order to improve productivity or accuracy on payroll processing;
* Coordinating the effective and timely preparation of all payrolls which includes the proper administration and calculation of all deductions;
Group Benefits Administration
* Assist in the administration of employee programs (e.g. health benefits, pension, and so on).
* Administer Bromelin Benefits
* Key contact for HRWize
* Track Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) programs.
* Prepare and distribute reports, employee manuals, benefit package descriptions, and other publications.
* Prepare monthly remittances and cheque requests for group insurance payments.
* Handle all inquiries and complaints regarding benefits.
* Update Payroll system with benefit amounts
* Enrollment of new employees with Insurance Company
* Maintain records for pension contributions made by employees; liaise with service providers to ensure funds are transferred as appropriate.
* Collaborate with our clients to ensure pay and employee records are accurate and up to date.
* Provide information on the Company's Pension Plan.
* Advise appropriate organizations when an employee is no longer employed.
* Advise employees with Pension inquiries.
Do you think this job is for you? It just might be the case if you have:
* To be a member of Canadian Payroll Association, Canadian Payroll Association designation required (PCP) and have your Payroll Certificate
* Minimum of 5 years payroll experience for salaried and hourly employees.
* Strong knowledge of Payroll systems.
* Thorough knowledge of government regulations as they relate to payroll
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office software, particularly Excel
* Knowledge of income tax forms, health benefits programs, sick pay, retirement plans, etc..
* Experience in all year end processing activities.
* Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
* Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
* Must understand the accounting principles used in the administration of payroll
* Must be articulate and possess good interpersonal skills
* Bilingual, French and English
* Ability to multi task, respond to ad hoc questions and interruptions while meeting deadlines.
* Innovative, efficient and effective
* Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work processes, problem resolution and continuous process improvement
* Ability to work under pressure as a member of a team and with all levels of the organization;
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Can effectively cope with change
* Good Project management skills
PROCESS: First interview with Bianka Zacard - Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with the HR Generalist.
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 499 0311
The masculine is only used here to save space
De rejoindre une PME en croissance.