Payroll Technician montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are looking for our client who works in the world of education.
The person occupying the position of Administrative Technician - Compensation produces the complete payroll cycle
The person will be responsible for 450 employees and acts as a resource person for payroll. She performs various technical administrative tasks related to the management of compensation and benefits, as well as various accounting operations.
* Performs all activities related to payroll production;
* Creates and updates the employee file concerning all aspects of payroll, both in terms of earnings and taxable benefits and deductions;
* Performs year-end audits and produces tax statements and reports (T4, Relevé 1);
* Communicates with department managers and employees to assist them and ensure the good
operation of payroll operations;
* Creates, modifies, terminates the employee file for group insurance, and if applicable, invoices the premiums
insurance and follow-up;
* Rebates withholding deductions and reconciles insurance payroll deductions with insurer invoices;
* Make the annual declaration of salaries to the CNESST;
* Updates the parameters of the payroll system;
* Participate in the drafting of procedures and documentation necessary for users;
* Issue records of employment when an employee leaves;
* Updates and tracks the various time banks (vacation, sickness, accumulated time);
* Generates any report necessary for payroll monitoring and ensures data integrity (distribution, charging,
* Responds to and follows up on requests from various government bodies relating to compensation;
* Performs the classification inherent in its files and participates in their archiving;
* Ensures compliance with the application of government laws governing compensation;
* Collaborates on year-end audit files for payroll analyzes;
* Performs various general accounting tasks (accounting entries, reconciliation of bank accounts, asset and liability items, as well as income and expenses).
* Hold a college diploma (DEC) in administration with an appropriate field of specialization,
particularly in accounting and management techniques;
* Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of payroll, ideally in the field of
* Have an eye for detail and precision and be thorough;
* Have an excellent knowledge of the French language, both orally and in writing;
* Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft OFFICE suite (Word and Excel);
* Have a working knowledge of the English language;
* Knowledge of COBA software is an asset.