Project Billing and Collections Agent - Saint-Laurent Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Our client, a company in the manufacturing business, is currently offering an excellent career opportunity for a Billing and Collections Specialist. Under the supervision of the Controller, you provide essential and on-time support in the day-to-day accounting function, to help ensure accuracy and timeliness in the delivery of monthly and yearly financial milestones. The successful candidate will be responsible for timely billing of parts and projects, and for timely collection on accounts receivable. He must be an energetic individual who has a passion for excellence, shares our values, and aligns with our company culture.
TOP 4 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BILLING OF PARTS, MACHINES AND SERVICE
o Manage the company's billings and customer returns for the sales of parts, machines, transport and service. This includes creation of new customer accounts, review of customer orders prior to invoicing, entry of customer invoices into third party online portals, issuance of RMAs for returns, ensuring GL account accuracy in the posting of revenues and receivables, and proper separation of billing and payment remittances based on respective entities
o Engage with project management regarding timely billing and collections of project milestone
o Maintain customer relations. This includes addressing customer inquiries related to billing, building positive rapport with clients, ensuring customer information is always up to date
2. BILLING FOR TRIALS
o Ensure the billing process for trials is followed through for full accountability on trial parts. This includes invoicing for trials and following up on RMAs for the return of trial parts and machines
o Consistently maintain 85% of accounts receivable as current. This includes daily follow-up on collection of AR including pro-active action on addressing the causes of delayed payments, recording deposits, managing client credit profile, sending out customer statements bi-monthly
o Develop and implement actions that facilitate quicker customer payments
o Maintain effectively communication with sales personnel and other internal departments to facilitate resolution of customer queries
o Accounts Receivable reconciliation against General Ledger.
4. REPORTING & OTHER
o Other responsibilities include but are not limited to telephone contact, completing information forms upon request from clients and sales personnel, reconciliation of accounts, running monthly reports, creation of user account information for client online portals and self-training on the use of same
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Action-oriented - enjoys getting things done with a quick turn-around time
* Continuous learning- versatile and willing to take on new challenges
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment - able to work constructively under pressure
* Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
* A quick learner with an ability to problem-solve and take initiatives for improvement
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* Customer focused - Customer first
Do you think this job is for you? It just might be the case if you have:
* College Studies Diploma in Accounting or related field
* 2 years + of relevant experience
* Experience with multi company and intercompany
* Good knowledge of MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel - vlookups, pivot tables)
* Good technical knowledge of accounting
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills and problem solving
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Bilingual (English & French)
What we are offering
- To join a growing company
PROCESS: First interview with Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with HR
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
The masculine is only used here to save space
- De rejoindre une compagnie en croissance