Senior Accountant Ville St Laurent
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be an integral part of the Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and have a strong desire to learn, be curious and strive for continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment.
* Prepare monthly balance sheet analysis, reconciliations and schedules
* Prepare recurring journal entries and month-end journal entries
* Prepare the monthly balance sheet reporting package
* Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
* Prepare year-end audit files and analysis for external auditors
* Address and resolve complex accounting areas such as foreign exchange conversion, consolidation and financial statement presentation
* Assist Accounting Manager with SAP/ERP integration and interfaces
* Assist Accounting Manager with implementation of best practices, process improvements and automation
* Provide various variance analysis relating to balance sheet position and Capex activity
* Assist with annual external audit requests by preparing supporting documents & analysis
* Identify and recommend process improvements within the finance department
* Professional CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years working experience in accounting required
* Experience working in internal audit or audit firm
* Strong knowledge of ASPE/financial reporting standards
* Experience in working with multi-currency/foreign exchange/multi-entity setting is a must
* Process driven and capable of adapting quickly within a fast-paced work environment to support operations
* Experience with tight month end reporting responsibilities
* Self-reliant, decisive and resilient
* Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
* Strong team player
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel (Advanced), Word, PPT
* Knowledge of SAP/BI required
* Strong communication skills in English and French