Senior Analyst, Accounting Policies - Down-town Montreal montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
we are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Do you want to help take up the challenges that a growing company ? Do you like working in a team and sharing your know-how in a dynamic work environment? Do you enjoy complex accounting transactions? If so, this is the opportunity you may be looking for!
As a Financial Analyst in our Accounting Policies team, you will play an important role as an advisor in complex accounting matters requiring technical IFRS research and also contribute to the success of various projects such as accounting for acquisitions and implementation of new IFRS standards.
You will report to the Director - Accounting Policies and be part of a dynamic team whose members help each other to reach common objectives.
You main responsibilities will be as follows:
* Advise the Business Units and Corporate departments on their technical accounting questions and provide them with guidance to resolve their accounting challenges on a timely basis;
* Establish and update accounting policies in line with IFRS
* Ensure that revenue recognition checklists provided by Business Unit Controllers are filed on time, are complete and accurate;
* Participate in the review of the Notes to the quarterly and year-end financial statements and validate that the Notes meet IFRS disclosure requirements;
* Assist the Director - Accounting Policies and his team members with various ad hoc projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Bachelor degree in business accounting, or equivalent;
* Professional accounting designation (CPA);
* 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in a role involving complex accounting within a large company and/or accounting firm.
* Excellent knowledge of IFRS;
* Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt quickly to a new environment;
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to make proper recommendation rapidly based on judgment;
* Team work oriented;
* Good understanding of priorities and respect for deadlines;
* Ability to produce high quality deliverables and work under tight deadlines;
* Knowledgeable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Notre candidat idéal aimera les environnements corporatifs et dynamique
Plus qu'être adaptable aux changements vous devez être stimulé et allumé par cette situation ! Il est important d'aimer améliorer les procédures et de ne pas avoir besoin d'un environnement trop routinier.
Merci de m'adresser au plus vite votre candidature sur firstname.lastname@example.org