Senior Analyst Financial Reporting Montréal
Founded in 2001, the firm Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions.
Our consultants are all experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary, contractual or permanent positions.
We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and beyond!
Reporting to the Controller, the Sr. Analyst, Financial Reporting, role is for a self-driven and highly motivated individual who thrives in fast-paced business environment who will leverage exceptional technical skills to optimize internal processes and drive significant efficiencies and operational excellence and outstanding financial performance.
In this role you will:
SUMMARY: Optimize financial reporting processes and systems for the control and timely delivery of accurate and relevant financial information; more specifically
FINANCIAL REPORTING: Working side by side with the accounting team, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting processes, such as:
Preparation of the monthly management reporting packages
Participating in the analysis of results vs budget/forecasts
Explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
Consolidation and intercompany reconciliation and elimination
Equity accounting, non-controlling interest and
Review the monthly submissions of standalone subsidiaries and investments.
FINANCING: Verify consolidated results for compliance with credit facilities financial covenants including obligations and use of proceeds, affirmative, negative, financial covenants, ratios and reporting & information
AUDIT: Being the main point of contact for external auditors on accounting and disclosure related matters
Participate in the annual external audit process and the preparation of external financial statements.
ACCOUNTING POLICIES: Supporting the integration of acquired companies by aligning accounting policies, including IFRS conversion of Pubco
Preparing the analysis and documentation of complex accounting matters such as purchase price allocations and revenue recognition
In Pubco IRFS: Coordinating the implementation of new or revised accounting and reporting requirements, including the preparation of corporate accounting policies and technical accounting updates
ERP PROJECT: Involved in our ERP consolidation project. More specifically in fields of designing and implementing efficient and scalable financial reporting workflows and technology
Identify, analyze and participate in the development of strong internal controls (derived from COSO framework) and management systems and practices to ensure rigorous reporting and increase internal efficiencies
* A Degree in business/commerce including relevant professional designation (CFA preferred);
* 5+ years of progressive experience in a finance role in a fast-paced environment;
* Experience with consolidation under IFRS including audit of the opening trial balance of new acquisitions and calculation of PPA;
* Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and financial acumen, with exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
* Ability to serve as a liaison with various stakeholders to collect, organize and distribute information;
* Critical thinking capability, with keen attention to detail to identify key data points, and constructively challenge inputs provided by various stakeholders;
* Ability to solve problems and navigate complexity in a constantly evolving and often ambiguous environment;
* Ability to manage multiple files, thoroughness and attention to detail;
* Ability to work independently, drive and team spirit;
* Analytical skills and ability to identify and assess implications and recommendations;
* Strategic thinking and ability to drive business initiatives end to end to deliver insights, and concisely present and articulate insights to Company Leadership;
* Excellent verbal and impeccable written communication skills;
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
PROCESS : Première entrevue avec Alexandre Manzini - Conseillère en recrutement puis avec la Conseillère en acquisition de talents
Pour postuler : www.fedfinance.ca
Pour me contacter : (438) 499 0407