Senior Financial Analyst Montréal
Founded in 2001, the firm Fed Finance specializes in temporary and permanent recruitment for the accounting and finance professions.
Our consultants are all experts and speak your language.
We are committed to supporting you throughout your job search and at each stage of your career.
The Financial Analyst will report to and work closely with the Corporate Controller in providing support to business operations in all matters relating to cost control, financial reporting and taxation.
This position is based at the company head-office in Montreal, Qc but requires punctual traveling to our site located in Labrador close to Schefferville, Qc.
It is to note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, this role will be mostly working from home, however a minimum of one (1) day per week in the office may be required as per business needs.
* Obtain a solid working knowledge of the primary drivers of operations and their impact on financial performance
* Recommend changes and improvements to primary drivers of costs based on actual performance to improve forward looking results
* Prepare and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial reports, cost review packages, variances analysis and other supplemental reports
* Assist the GL Accounting Manager with monthly analysis and reconciliation of GL accounts, and other month end closing tasks;
* Develop strong relationships with the Operations team to better understand and anticipate their business needs
* Provide input and recommendations for cost improvements
* Identifying key business trends through Key Performance Indicator tracking and analysis
* Participate in the forecasting and planning process
* Assist the team with any other value-added tasks and activities
* Degree in business /commerce/accounting with CPA designation
* 5 years of progressive experience in a finance role in a fast paced, demanding environment. Experience in mining industry would be an asset.
* Knowledge of corporate finance, accounting and financial modeling
* Excellent computer skills: Advanced Excel proficiency in macros, functions and working with large volumes of data, power point and word
* Previous experience with SAP, SharePoint, data analytics/reporting tools an asset
* Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and analytical skills
* Mobile and flexible and willing to travel to mine site on frequent basis
* Excellent oral and written communication skills ideally in both French and English
Contactez-moi sur email@example.com et retrouvez l'ensemble de nos offres sur : www.fedfinance.ca.