Chief Accountant BOUCHERVILLE
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
Reporting to the financial controller, the team leader – operational accounting will supervise employees in the payables, receivables and invoicing sectors. The versatile team currently includes 7 employees and ensures the accounting operations of all sites.
As part of the position, the team leader - operational accounting will be required to ensure the quality of the experience of our customers and our suppliers and the respect of targets relating to receivables and payables.
Responsibilities in the position:
• Provide support to the payables, receivables and invoicing teams on a daily basis so that they adequately fulfill their mission;
• Monitor KPIs and ensure the achievement of set targets;
• Take part in communications with customers and suppliers to ensure excellent service and maintain relationships over time;
• Ensure the payment of suppliers within the prescribed deadlines;
• Ensure the collection of customer accounts according to their terms of payment;
• Ensure the accuracy of our customers' billing;
• Ensure timely project denunciation and financial risk mitigation;
• Participate in reviewing customer credit limits as needed;
• Assume the role of ERP champion to support employees in their daily tasks.
Analysis of payables and receivables:
• Produce financial reports according to the needs of the company in relation to the sectors supervised;
• Prepare analyses, explain variances with the budget and with previous periods, make recommendations related to these analyses;
• Present the analysts' results to the financial controller and management;
• Issue and implement the recommendations resulting from the analyses.
Improvement of processes and projects
• Participate in the implementation of accounting process improvements in the operational and financial accounting group;
• Involvement in the review of operational and financial processes as part of the ERP implementation;
• Participate in the implementation of new processes;
• Identify and implement internal controls ensuring the accuracy of financial data;
• Ensure the development and improvement of reporting tools to reduce reporting time and the quality of information communicated internally and externally.
reporting and budget
• Participation and coordination of monthly reporting for the payable and receivable portion;
• Participation in the various annual and other budget exercises
• Ensure compliance with Canadian and US indirect taxes in accounting operations;
• Ensure the compliance of our accounting operations according to the regulations applicable in the business sector.
• Mobilize, coach and grow the operational accounting team;
• Ensure the productivity of the operational accounting team and the achievement of the results of this group;
• Plan and coordinate assigned master plan projects
Key skills :
• Ability to manage priorities and have a great ability to adapt;
• Ability to optimize existing processes;
• Focused on practical solutions;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Having already worked with an ERP;
• Mastery of the Office suite and more particularly advanced Excel;
• SQL knowledge (asset);
• Knowledge of Power BI (asset);
• Knowledge of Epicor ERP (asset)
Personal profile :
• Focused on customer service
• Analytical mind
• Results oriented
• Emotional intelligence
Professional profile :
• Recognized CPA accounting designation or equivalent experience;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
• A flexible schedule and teleworking established according to your needs and the mandates of your team.
• An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
• A group RRSP program with employer participation;
• Social activities organized throughout the year for employees such as family days, Christmas parties, summer BBQs, sports activities and holiday themed events;
• Weeks of paid vacation in addition to additional holidays during the holiday season;
• Offices located on the South Shore of Montreal easily accessible to everyone thanks to free parking and nearby public transit;
• The chance to be near a lively area close to several shops and trendy restaurants, perfect for an innovative dinner or for friendly happy hours;
• Access to annual training programs;
• The possibility of enriching your career by joining a team of experts where participatory management is a priority;
• The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable and in-demand products by contributing to the development of a rapidly growing brand that is involved in the community;
PROCESS: First interview with Bianka Zacard, Senior Recruitment Consultant then with financial managers
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 499 0311