American Payroll Specialist (US) - Permanent - Downtown Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are looking for one of our clients, an international group specializing in gas transformation, a US payroll specialist.
Under the responsibility of the Payroll Director, you are in charge of the complete payroll cycle for the American division.
You are responsible for:
- Promote the modeling of fundamental behaviors by leading by example.
- Manage efforts to administer and ensure the accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of all payroll related activities.
- Resolve payroll issues with employee benefits, information technology, human resources, vendors and consultants.
- Check the complete cycle of disbursements for salaried and hourly, unionized and non-unionized employees.
- Perform various payroll analyzes
- Organize training and development to fill skills gaps for current and potential roles within the payroll team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state and local laws relating to wages and taxation.
- Ensure the correct application and payment of garnishments, government remittances and other payments such as union dues and pension plans.
- Manage / review new hires, transfers, expatriates, fictitious payroll and layoffs.
- Ensure the accuracy and speed of payments.
- Manage the production of all reports
- Assist in the process of year-end tax documents (such as year-end adjustments, reconciliations, retiree declaration, tax summaries, etc.)
- Responsible for the retention of payroll records and record keeping.
- Ensures that the payroll system complies with legal requirements, company policies and the rules of various negotiation contracts.
Do you think this job is for you? This could be the case if you have:
- Preference for a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and / or certification as a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM)
- In-depth knowledge of all US federal, state and local regulations, including state payroll laws
- Experience in a multinational company is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of payroll systems and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted payroll accounting principles.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state laws governing the taxation and reporting of wages
- Knowledge of payroll and general ledger processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, taxation and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of the laws governing garnishments, deductions and other deductions from wages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Google has more)
- Knowledge required in WorkDay payroll
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to advise management, employees and suppliers on all aspects of payment processes and related practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in problem solving.
- Willingness to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Disciplined organizational skills.
- Time management and ability to adapt according to changing priorities.
- Communicate openly and effectively in a formal and informal setting.
- Digital mind for automation and system connectivity
- A spirit of continuous improvement for the improvement of processes
- Skills in leadership, coaching and finding solutions.
- Customer and service orientation.
PROCESS: First interview with Alex Hojnatzki, Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with the HR manager
Phone: (438) 522 3216
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
The masculine is only used here to save space