Payroll Technician - Montréal - 35h/week Montréal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
You will be responsible for processing payroll for all compagnies of the group and will assist human resources in these tasks. You will also be responsible for processing and analyzing certain accounting data related to employee expenses and sales tax rebates. You will play a role over the accuracy, validity and disclosure of financial data.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
* Prepare and transmit payroll data every 2 weeks via the Nethris payroll system.
* Make the required payroll adjustments for new and terminating employees.
* Prepare tax forms and calculate taxable benefits.
* Complete the various forms for the CNESST, Work safe BC, OHIP etc.
* Enter all new employees into the HR system. (Occasional task)
FINANCIAL / HR
* Prepare sales tax returns for the various jurisdictions.
* Check / approve expense reports submitted in Concur.
* Make the required changes in the Concur system (password, adding employees, approval limit).
* Process group insurance invoices. Perform employee additions and withdrawals.
* Apply for gas cards. Send monthly reports to managers.
* Register new employees in the company's RRSP program after 3 months of service.
* Track employee RRSP deductions and make payment to the RRSP program.
* Track expense reports on MC / AMEX company credit cards.
* Experience: 3 years minimum of experience in a payroll processing and accounting position.
* Skills: Technical or BAC in accounting, knowledge of payroll systems, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and good knowledge of Excel.
* Knowledge: English and French, both spoken and written.
* Other: Organized and efficient person, working with meticulousness and precision, demonstrating autonomy, curiosity and analytical skills. Good communication.