Assistant Controller Ville Saint-Laurent
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are looking for our client in logistics services in Saint-Laurent, an Assistant Controller under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
The ideal candidate must possess strong accounting knowledge and be highly motivated to work in a fast pace growing company. The candidate should be a self-starter and a team player. The designated employee, among other assigned responsibilities, will primarily provide support to all kinds of accounting related duties, such as accounts payable, receivable and payroll. As well as general office duties to support our accounting department as needed.
* Preparation of monthly financial statements
* Participate in the end-of month and year-end process
* Prepare monthly and annual general ledger entries
* Participate in analyzing and identifying variances
* Analysis of sales and costs
* Support operations through analysis and provide insight into financial performance
* Collaborate in the annual operating budget process
* Reconcile intercompany accounts at month end
* Preparation of government reports, such as fuel tax returns (IFTA, Carbon Tax)
* Process credit applications for new customers, participate in defining and monitoring credit worthiness, engage with the field representatives and constituents to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
* Execute any other administrative and accounting related task to support the Accounting Department
Do you think this job is for you? It just might be the case if you have:
* 5+ years of experience in complete accounting cycle, preferably in supply chain industry
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA designation considered an asset
* Strong understanding of financial statements, credit and collections metrics, and benchmarks.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English.
* Ability to read and interpret client communications, financial and legal documents
* Pleasant, professional and team player demeanor
* Highly organized, detail oriented, self-disciplined with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
* Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems such as TruckMate and Fleet Manager.
PROCESS: First interview with Bianka Zacard - Fed Finance Consultant - then interview with the HR Director
To apply: www.fedfinance.ca
To contact me: (438) 499 0311
The masculine is only used here to save space