Corporate Controller Montreal
Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions.
Our consultants are finance experts and speak your language.
We select the best candidates for temporary and permanent positions.
We are committed to working with you throughout your job search and beyond!
We are supporting a Montreal company recognized as one of the best managed in Canada. Specialized in the development of high-level technological projects and solutions, she wishes to recruit his new Corporate Controller. In direct relation with the VP Finance, the objective is to find a real leader to guide a multidisciplinary and international team.
Your contribution in this role :
* Manages, assists and supports the regional controllers (3) across the global organisation with about 25 employees to manage indirectly in different countries;
* Supervises the corporate team: consolidation, worldwide tax compliance including transfer pricing, corporate and sales taxes, and assist in the preparation of corporate insurance annual renewal;
* Approves the payroll execution for Canada and USA;
* Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulation, identify potential risk areas and propose concrete action plan;
* Manages treasury, multi-currency cashflows (external and intercos), and hedging strategy;
* Improve and optimize financial controls and reporting of all regions to align with corporate policies and strategy;
* Initiates changes within the finance function through efficient systems and processes and a continuous improvement culture
* Participates in the integration of newly acquired business and develop talented people to support the Company's strategic growth plans;
* Globally responsible for consolidated financial statements and external audits required, as well as corporate taxes;
* Maintains the processing of transactions and closing of the books in the most efficient manner
* Strong focus on governance activities
* Work with the business (operations) on the original setup of a project and provide recommendations on various finance/tax topics (sales tax, bank guarantees, cashflows, fx contracts, billing, withholding tax, etc)
* Support VP Finance with ad hoc initiatives;
Do you think this job is for you? This may well be the case if you have or are:
* CPA, CA or equivalent certification;
* A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, at least 5 years of experience in an international and multi-site environment;
* Bilingualism is required, in written and spoken English and French. Knowledge of Spanish is a great asset
* Mobility: available for travel (around 25%)
* Excellent knowledge of Excel and ease with systems.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
* Team spirit and good leadership.
* An excellent sense of initiative and strong analytical skills;
* Comfortable with personnel management and the development of human potential both locally and internationally;
* Knowledge of Dynamics 365, an asset;
* Experience in a complex tax environment, an asset;
* Knowledge of project accounting (experience an asset).
Un rôle stratégique au sein d'une compagnie en pleine croissance